SELF-CARE IS MANDATORY
Due to the rigor of the program, I require that everybody entering The SINCERE Leadership Certification (regardless of title or income level) have at least three consistent months of self-care.
Our leadership styles are influenced by the amount of self-care we learned—or did not learn. As a therapist, I see this scenario frequently working with high achievers and leaders from the nonprofit to corporate worlds.
Your self-care style influences how you treat subordinates, cope with stress, and manage your expectations of others.
Don’t believe me? Analyze the quotes between these two executives.
Which executive is more likely to:
1. Burn out their employees? Why?
2. Encourage work-life balance?
3. Be accused of promoting a hostile work environment? Why?
4. Criticize colleagues for taking paid time off?
5. Emotionally support colleagues taking paid time off?
6. Be at risk for stress-related health issues?
Most importantly, which executive do you want to be? Why?