Coaching is more directive and collaborative than psychotherapy, emphasizing the application of practical skills in the here-and-now over the analysis of past events.
NOTE: Although Mari Verano is licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist in the State of California (#98192)
Mari Verano, LLC provides coaching and consulting services and not psychotherapy. For psychotherapy inquiries please call Foresight Mental Health at (510) 756-0810.
WHO I WORK WITH
I ONLY offer consulting to leaders who are part of the following communities:
- Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC)
- LGBTQIA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual)
- White and heterosexual accomplices* committed to eradicating racism, sexism, homophobia, and other institutional prejudices from their workplaces and lives.
*Accomplices are willing to give or lose something in the causes of justice.
Accomplices are willing to sacrifice one (or more) of the following things for equality:
- Their personal safety or security (e.g. being the “white shield” between activists of color and the police at protests)
- Their professional and/or personal reputation
- Friendships and family relationships
- Identifying, coping with, and eliminating toxic behavior from your personal and work life
- Identifying, coping with and eliminating white supremacy, sexism, homophobia, and other
prejudices at work and in your personal life
- Identifying false allies at work and in your personal life–and protecting yourself from harm
- Making an exit plan from a toxic work situation
- Surviving and coping in a marginalized identity
Your unique needs will determine the cost of consulting or coaching.
Please e-mail email@example.com to schedule an intake.
I will never sell or share your e-mail address for any reason—just send you practical healing information!